Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What certificate should Planescape: torment have???

I've neveer seen an ESRB/PEGI/BBFC/ELSPA cerificate on it. I wonderec what you guys would rate it.:-) Sorry, I'm a Brit so I've got a bit muddled with the ESRB stuff perhaps... What certificate should Planescape: torment have???
It is not for the younger teens. A lot a dialogue that I rescall as often having some dark humor and moral choices. The graphics are harmless, but that is not all that matters in a rating. What certificate should Planescape: torment have???
[QUOTE=''belboz'']It is not for the younger teens. A lot a dialogue that I rescall as often having some dark humor and moral choices. The graphics are harmless, but that is not all that matters in a rating. [/QUOTE]

It's like a young adult novel isn't it? It may not be full of swearing and OTT gore, but it has a very dark, adult plot.

I play it, though, and I'm a teen. I love the deep plot. That's what sets it apart from, all the other RPG legends; even Baldur's Gate. Baldur's Gate seems almost childish to me now...
I think P:T should be +18.
pg13
[QUOTE=''POL_eXplosiV'']I think P:T should be +18.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess there is rather a lot of gore...
So, game must have a lot of gore to be certificated +18 ? No ... In my opinion some problems included in PT (like philosophical and metaphysics kinds of problems) can't be interpretated by younger players. Ofcourse this game haven't got visual violence etc. like so many games, but atmosphere is ''heavy''. It's only my opinion and view.
[QUOTE=''POL_eXplosiV'']So, game must have a lot of gore to be certificated +18 ? No ...[/QUOTE]

No. But I don't think it has adult enough themes to be AO.
I don't know about that above Poll being that all the options on it have nothing to do with ESB ratings.... M is what Planescape would probably be given, after all the publicity games have been given by politicians and such in the past few years.edit: seem that Planescape does have a rating from the ESB.... It's rated T. http://pc.ign.com/objects/009/009939.html
[QUOTE=''Threesixtyci'']I don't know about that above Poll being that all the options on it have nothing to do with ESB ratings.... M is what Planescape would probably be given, after all the publicity games have been given by politicians and such in the past few years.edit: seem that Planescape does have a rating from the ESB.... It's rated T. http://pc.ign.com/objects/009/009939.html [/QUOTE]

Cool, thankyou. There ought to be a US rating between T and M, I think. We have 12, 15/16 and 18 in the UK/Europe. I'd give Planescape 15 for it's dark themes.
  • blackheads scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment