Tuesday, April 13, 2010

RPG Help! I need a game!

Okay, I've been dying to play an RPG or Hack and Slash for a while now and simply cannot wait for Diablo 3 to come out.I need some help on finding a new RPG to play.I already have Fallout 3, NWN 2, and Diablo 2 but I'm bored with them all and need something else.Any help? RPG Help! I need a game!
[QUOTE=''partytimekegs'']Okay, I've been dying to play an RPG or Hack and Slash for a while now and simply cannot wait for Diablo 3 to come out.I need some help on finding a new RPG to play.I already have Fallout 3, NWN 2, and Diablo 2 but I'm bored with them all and need something else.Any help? [/QUOTE]Elder Scrolls III/IV, Mass Effect, The Witcher EE RPG Help! I need a game!
Titan Quest gold; best action RPG since Diablo II.
Mount and blade was entertaining.
[QUOTE=''ssvegeta555'']Titan Quest gold; best action RPG since Diablo II.[/QUOTE]



My thoughts exactly.
  • Titan Quest Gold
  • Dungeon Siege 2 Complete
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
  • Sacred Gold
Those would be my choices for hack-n-slash action-RPGs. Now, if you want more in-depth RPGs:
  • Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
  • Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion GotY Edition
  • The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
  • Mass Effect
  • Freedom Force
  • Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadows of Chernobyl
  • Deus Ex: GotY
  • Space Rangers 2: Complete
  • System Shock 2

Titan Quest, Sacred, Divine Divinity and Dungeon Siege.
[QUOTE=''ssvegeta555'']Titan Quest gold; best action RPG since Diablo II.[/QUOTE]



Since you're looking for Hack-n-Slash, go for this one. Very long game.
[QUOTE=''partytimekegs'']Okay, I've been dying to play an RPG or Hack and Slash for a while now and simply cannot wait for Diablo 3 to come out.

I need some help on finding a new RPG to play.

I already have Fallout 3, NWN 2, and Diablo 2 but I'm bored with them all and need something else.



Any help? [/QUOTE]



YOU!!!!! YOU NEED A GAME!!!! WHAT ABOUT ME!!! I NEED A GAME MORE!!! MY GOD!!



Lol...seriously though, Oblivion if you haven't played it, Mass effect is alright, the Witcher is very good Hack n Slash Rpg like Diablo but you can't pick your character.



Hmm...the only games people mentioned I don't know about are Titan quest I hear its brilliant but I never bothered buying it and Mount and blade few people have played it but they say its fairly decent.



Oh yeh what about Sacred 2 fallen angel, I never played it but its fairly new and its upto date and looks good and everything...watch a few trailers of it, to tell you the truth I am not sure if I wanted it because well I like character creation games more now adays and Sacred is more a Diablo type game...in fact its pretty much the same.
Baldurs Gate. Its a little outdated but still the best Hack and Slash RPG IMO.
[QUOTE=''lundy86_4''][QUOTE=''partytimekegs'']Okay, I've been dying to play an RPG or Hack and Slash for a while now and simply cannot wait for Diablo 3 to come out.I need some help on finding a new RPG to play.I already have Fallout 3, NWN 2, and Diablo 2 but I'm bored with them all and need something else.Any help? [/QUOTE]Elder Scrolls III/IV, Mass Effect, The Witcher EE [/QUOTE]I couldn't have said it better myself.
[QUOTE=''AFUNGUY23'']Baldurs Gate. Its a little outdated but still the best Hack and Slash RPG IMO.[/QUOTE]Huh? It is? Well I certainly learnt something today.
[QUOTE=''AFUNGUY23'']Baldurs Gate. Its a little outdated but still the best Hack and Slash RPG IMO.[/QUOTE]



Um, Baldur's Gate is one of the most traditional, non-HnS RPGs ever produced.
Ein-7919 mentioned STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl and I'd just like to add in that it may not be so much a great hack and slash RPG as it is a great FPS that adds some RPG elements. I'd recomend it just as a great game, and STALKER: Clear Sky was a great prequil.
[QUOTE=''ssvegeta555'']Titan Quest gold; best action RPG since Diablo II.[/QUOTE]

I would disagree. I favor hack slash more than RPGs, so I've been searching for that D fix for awhile now. The closest I've come in the past few years is Baldur's gate II Dark Alliance for Playstation 2. Sadly, I thought Titan's Quest dragged on for eternity and the combat, along with spells, seemed boring. The only challenging bit was the last boss and before I thought of trudging through harder difficulties, I quit. Avoid Loki as well. You may have a small bit of fun with Avencast, but it's sort of an action/ adventure game, with RPG elements. I'm still going through a check list of older games, therefor my quest is neverending. Also, skip Hellgate London. Graphics wise, it prevails, but everything falls short of other D clones.
WoW? loltitan quest seems good, i played that once only but ill try it out again :) maybe ill play that during WoW maintenance :p

No comments:

Post a Comment