Thursday, April 15, 2010

UT3 DLC question

I bought UT3 for PC hardcopy, not on steam. How does the multiplayer work? Does it pass trough steam or not at all. Will the DLC work with it even if its not on steam?thanks UT3 DLC question
Cant really answer your quesitons, but they made it so you can register UT3 keys on steam, so you could always take your key and put it on your steam account (or if you dont have one make one and put it on there)UT3 DLC question
Alright that should definitly help because the first time I installed I was unable to play online, but I didnt have steam which I now do.thanks
There was an in game web browser in UT2K4 that listed active games you could join. I can't say for certain its that same thing with UT3 since I only play offline but I can thing of no reason it would be any different. I've never heard of any UT mod that requires Steam. Everything should be downloadable from a fan site and installable without ever talking to the Steam server. The same goes for the upcoming Titan Pack.
UT3 doesn't use steam for online servers. It uses gamespy and that runs external too steam. I registered my retail key with Steam and it worked well.



Also to save some download space Install the game first on your hard disk, then copy all your contents to.



F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Unreal Tournament 3



obviously F:\Steam might be in a different place for you. But should only update what needs updating and will save you a lot of time.
[QUOTE=''nutcrackr'']UT3 doesn't use steam for online servers. It uses gamespy and that runs external too steam. I registered my retail key with Steam and it worked well. Also to save some download space Install the game first on your hard disk, then copy all your contents to. F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Unreal Tournament 3 obviously F:\Steam might be in a different place for you. But should only update what needs updating and will save you a lot of time.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the tip, I will do that

No comments:

Post a Comment