Thursday, April 15, 2010

Does anyone here not have a Steam account?

I've been reading somewhere that there are 16 million active Steam accounts out there. So, is that the entire PC gaming population? 16 million? There must be more PC gamers than that, right? Or am I wrong?Does anyone here not have a Steam account?
Kolossi. Happy owner of a Steam account since 2004.Topic: Well, I think that 16 million or whatever isnt even near the total ammount of PC gamers, probably triple or quadruple that would be a good number. Does anyone here not have a Steam account?
WoW is not part of Steam, and they have a lot more users. I have a STEAM account since early 07.
Not everyone has a steam account, if i didn't buy the orange box i wouldn't have one, but i did so i do.
lots of people dont, especially non-enthusiast pc gamers that you wont find here. however, i've been checking steam stats lately and i've noticed significant rise in concurrent stean users over the last few months.
I've had mine since HL2 came out and about everyone I know who is a pc gamer has also. I think the majority of ''enthusiast'' gamers would have one.
Hah 100% steam so far.
[QUOTE=''Benjiman_Guile'']WoW is not part of Steam, and they have a lot more users. I have a STEAM account since early 07. [/QUOTE]I heard that there are 11 million players of WOW so 16 million isn't near the number.I DON'T have a STEAM account so you can see that not all gamers have a STEAM account.
Whats a Steam account
No. I have a Battlenet account and a Xfire account, but not a Steam account even if I have 2 original copies of HL2 -the buyed one and the one gived by one of my graphic cards-. The reason is simply: I don't like Steam. I prefer Battlenet and other types of digital download stores, because Bnet does not require to install any program in my PC. The only one tracking gaming program that I admit in my PC is Xfire. It also means that I never play Valve games since HL2. I Had a very bad experience with first steps of Steam and I have no plans to jump into Steam in the next 50 years, or so.
[QUOTE=''555SSOO''][QUOTE=''Benjiman_Guile'']WoW is not part of Steam, and they have a lot more users. I have a STEAM account since early 07. [/QUOTE]I heard that there are 11 million players of WOW so 16 million isn't near the number.I DON'T have a STEAM account so you can see that not all gamers have a STEAM account. [/QUOTE]Then there are those STEAM users who hack at CS and get their accounts banned, and make new ones.
None of my friends have steam accounts and I only got one recently to get CSS. Steam doesn't sell many games and aren't really neccessary. I just use it for the friends list and for the odd game.
What's Steam? You mean water in the gaseous form?Kidding.I've had a Steam account since January, 2005. (I thought it was since 2004 but Steam tells me 2005...) I hated it when it first came out, when it was unreliable and had little to offer other than hassles. But now, I love it, and use it whenever I can. It's just so much easier buying, installing, managing, and running games that way.
[QUOTE=''joshuahaveron'']None of my friends have steam accounts and I only got one recently to get CSS. Steam doesn't sell many games and aren't really neccessary. I just use it for the friends list and for the odd game.[/QUOTE]



Steam doesn't sell many games? Lately most new releases have been pushed to it and it has a great collection of older games.
I have had an accout since '04, when HL2 arrived. And since i probably have over 30 games or something, but i also use D2D and probably have 10-20 games off of there. Steam is good, but sometimes they dont get games for a while.
Guilty as charged. I was thinking about getting Steam like, a month ago, but then, a few days later, my computer got a virus and I had to reinstall Windows and I lost all my files. Then I realized that if I bought and downloaded my games with Steam, if I lost all my files, that would be a lot of money gone. So, i decided to not take the chance and just drive a mile to the nearest GameStop. I'm fine with it.
[QUOTE=''skateboard34'']Guilty as charged. I was thinking about getting Steam like, a month ago, but then, a few days later, my computer got a virus and I had to reinstall Windows and I lost all my files. Then I realized that if I bought and downloaded my games with Steam, if I lost all my files, that would be a lot of money gone. So, i decided to not take the chance and just drive a mile to the nearest GameStop. I'm fine with it.[/QUOTE]You can redownload your games from Steam, you know.As long as you aren't on dial-up, I suppose it wouldn't be too painful.
[QUOTE=''skateboard34'']Guilty as charged. I was thinking about getting Steam like, a month ago, but then, a few days later, my computer got a virus and I had to reinstall Windows and I lost all my files. Then I realized that if I bought and downloaded my games with Steam, if I lost all my files, that would be a lot of money gone. So, i decided to not take the chance and just drive a mile to the nearest GameStop. I'm fine with it.[/QUOTE]



You can also backup all of your downloaded games that can easily be reinstalled if needed.
I've had a steam account for two years. bulldog0890
I think most of us have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment