Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I wanna try something spacey...

I couldnt decide between either Sins of a Solar Empire or Galactic Civilizations 2!
I read both reviews and also the players reviews, and I still couldnt decide between the two...
Your recommendations are appreciated!I wanna try something spacey...
Both are great so try the demos and decide for yourself.Galactic Civilizations II DemoSins of a Solar Empire DemoI wanna try something spacey...
ive only played galciv briefly. it looks very kewl and a life eater but i dont have the time to really get into the nitty fritty of it (which is a shame..i love games that require digging into nitty gritty but this real life thing keeps getting in the way :( ).



i do own sins and think its absolutely fantastic...my second fav PC game last year (behind the witcher EE). so i voted for that. but i dont think u can go wrong either way. i just get the sense that u will need to invest more time into galciv, which is not a bad mark on the game, but it may be a hassle if u have a busy schedule.

also a word of warning...sins doesent have a single player campaign. set up a really big skirmish map though and u will have ure own stories to tell in the end.
Eve Online is another good Space Game.. Very in Deapth too
That is an MMO. Unless TC wants to play MMO, I would suggest ''Sins of a Solar Empire''.
Well.. I was just suggesting another game..
Freespace 2? Freelancer? X-wing Vs. Tie-Fighter!
[QUOTE=''Shadowhawk000'']Well.. I was just suggesting another game.. [/QUOTE]



I know. I didn't blame your post. I just explained that Eve Online is an MMO.
Without a doubt, Sins.
Uh the two belong to different genres, you should decide if you want to play a TBS game or an RTS. We can't decide that for you.
thx for suggesting games beyond the titles i suggested, but i should have been more clearer.im in a place where i dont have a proper access to the internet that allows me to play any online games AT ALL.

so any games that is more focused on offline play is more my thing for now, and plz stick with suggesting either of the choices

i placed here...
Spore has its own level of space-exploration.
[QUOTE=''SatanAntichrist'']Spore has its own level of space-exploration.[/QUOTE]You should be flogged for mentioning Spore in the same thread as Sins of a Solar Empire!!!!
I'd go with SoaSE. GC2 is a deeper game in a way, but the problem is that it does a lot of stuff that the Civilization series does, and does almost none of it as well as Civ IV, whereas Sins is really its own animal and has an appopriately epic-scale feel to it.
Darkstar OneOr you could drop some acid before stripping down to your underwear and running around in the chill winter air. I've been told it feels roughly the same as space exploration.
Might also want to give Space Rangers 2: Complete a shot.
I was going to suggest X3 series, and Independance War 2. But, it seems this is just a poll for 2 strategic type space games.



Haven't played any of those 2 games.... Homeworld series is the only strategic type spacegame, I can recommend. Well, and Starcraft, I guess.
I would say Sins Of a Solar Empire. Both great games though.
Well my personal choice would be Gal Civ 2 + expansions -- I found them to provide a deeper and more immersive experience than Sins

No comments:

Post a Comment