Thursday, April 15, 2010

GTA IV where did the port go wrong ?

I recently installed GTA 4 and it seems to me that its not a very good port. Ive seen missing textures and its also a very hard game to run ... Ive got a Q6600 intel quad core, 4 gb of ram and an nvidia 9800 Gt and even at medium settings its still a little slow.GTA IV where did the port go wrong ?
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]GTA IV where did the port go wrong ?
Did you install both patches?
OK it isnt the best port but i must be one of the lucky ones as the game runs at a descent pace for me! Playing the game at 1440x900 with all details max except view distance which is at 32 and thats plenty enough and i only drop below 30fps when it gets crazy.



So im always suprised when i hear of people having real issues with it make sure you have the game patched up to 1.0.2 made it alot smoother for me. And i know there can always be something with someones setup that can make the game run different.
[QUOTE=''Timbury'']OK it isnt the best port but i must be one of the lucky ones as the game runs at a descent pace for me! Playing the game at 1440x900 with all details max except view distance which is at 32 and thats plenty enough and i only drop below 30fps when it gets crazy. So im always suprised when i hear of people having real issues with it make sure you have the game patched up to 1.0.2 made it alot smoother for me. And i know there can always be something with someones setup that can make the game run different.[/QUOTE] I honestly haven't bothered playing through it on the pc... I played it on PS3, completed it, and I have no inclination to go back through it... at all
Q6600 (stock), 4Gb RAM, 1Gb GTX280, everything maxed, or on high (except veiw distance at 46 or something) and I'm getting 20FPS or lower (60+ indoors).

Edit: I play at 1680x1050.Where did it go wrong?

''Let's port GTAIV to the PC''. That's where.
It's runs pretty good for my pc.
It went wrong when they gave Rockstar Toronto the porting job
[QUOTE=''The_PC_Gamer'']It went wrong when they gave Rockstar Toronto the porting job[/QUOTE]Should have had San Diego do it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment