Sunday, April 11, 2010

Achievements absent in most PC games

It seems to me that most PC games nowadays are missing the achievemnts of their console counterparts. Far Cry 2, Bioshock, Dead Space,Oblivion, and i'm sure there are most don't have the unlockable achievements for the PC version of that game. What gives!? I would sure like some replayability or some extra fun in my games for $50 a pieceAchievements absent in most PC games
I don't care about achievements. They're unnecessary for me.Achievements absent in most PC games
Achievements are fun, but I don't miss them if the game's good enough.
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
[QUOTE=''thusaha'']I don't care about achievements. They're unnecessary for me.[/QUOTE]



Speaks my mind.
i don't care about achievements. some games do have them like garrys mod and tf2 has them. it doesn't really matter about those.
try making your own achievements. in the old days people used to speedrun games like quake and doom or wolfenstein. kinda like achievements.
[QUOTE=''Kh1ndjal'']try making your own achievements. in the old days people used to speedrun games like quake and doom or wolfenstein. kinda like achievements.[/QUOTE]yeah, like going for a no re-load playthrough.PC games don't have console game's achievements to begin with. with or without those in console ports, it's all the same.
Whenever a game has achievements I turn them off if I can, ridicules little objectives tact onto the game play that have nothing to do with the game itself.I hated them in Mass Effect, I'm immersed in this world when the achievement butt pixie decides to magically upgrade my skills for doing something random.
Doesn't bother me. It's fine if a game has them, but I don't miss em' if they aren't there.
Never cared about achievements and I never will, I play games for fun not for accomplishments.
True
achievements? ohh those 360 thingies...i turned off those in GFW live as soon as i got fallout3....the notice annoys me. i must double check my 360 to see of i can turn the notification off there too.

honestly couldnt care less about them.
Why would you play a game just for the sake of finishing it.. and getting achievements..I play it purely for fun..
[QUOTE=''arijit_2404''][QUOTE=''thusaha'']I don't care about achievements. They're unnecessary for me.[/QUOTE] Speaks my mind.[/QUOTE]Mine too.
never cared about them on the 360, certainly dont on the pc
I don't need some silly pat on the back from the devs to tell me how well I'm doing. I can plainly see my 'achievements' as I'm playing through the game, every time I solve a puzzle and move on, or get that weapon I wanted, or killed that super-tough bad guy. I get far more satisfaction from these moments in games than a random popup message telling me I've got a meaningless medal for ten headshots or whatever. Big friggin' deal. It adds precisely nothing to my overall enjoyment of a game.



If you want a game where something similar to an 'achievement' was handled well, go and play Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. If you found all the secret areas in a level, you were awarded extra force points to spend on your Force powers. So it made finding all the secrets worthwhile and could impact the gameplay slightly later on.



Other than that, I view 'achievements' as worthless fluff.
I don't mind them. In games like TF2 and L4D they work really well.
They're usually not an incentive for me. However, I did play Clive Barker's Jericho a few extra times because of it's acheivement system. Basically, as someone who hasn't payed attention to Clive Barker ever before, I knew little about the characters or history, and the unlockables there were character bio's. That was reletively entertaining, that and trying to make 500 heads explode with a telekenetic sniper rifle ;)
Exactly Jericho was the only game I actually hunt achievments in because it deepened the already really good story and concept art for this game is just awesome... also resident evil3 had like 8 different end screens so I finished it 8 times and I enjoyed it every single time and was glad to see what happened with all the characters... and that's it, all other games like gta etc.. I simply don't care about them..

No comments:

Post a Comment